To quickly setup a one time import click the "Import Data" button on the Tables home page; however, ROI recommends that you use the flat file import whenever possible. Importing data via a flat file provides insight into failures and skipped rows, so it's much easier to identify problematic data. Please review our article on Flat File Formatting for additional information.
- Field Delimiter: Comma ( , ), Pipe ( | ), Tab
- Text Qualifier: None, Double Quotes ( " )
- First Row Contains Columns Names: Check yes if your import includes column headers
- Delete existing data before import: Only check this box if you want to delete all data in the table field before import. Contact support @rightoninteractive.com if you are considering using this feature, as it is typically not used.
- File: Choose the file you would like to import
Step 2: Search the table where the data should live.
Step 3: Click Add Mapping and map the file columns to the columns setup in the chosen table. All columns in the file must already exist on the chosen table. Make sure to choose a deduplicate key (such as Email) for the import. This will prevent Contacts already being stored in ROI to be duplicated based on the chosen field.
Step 4: Input the email address you would like notified when the import is complete or if it fails.
Click import and wait for the email notification.