Create a New List
Step 3. Add a Name and a Description to the List, and a folder if you are utilizing folders to sort. Then, click "Save"
Add Contacts to the List
a. From the saved screen, you can click the arrow to view the drop-down menu. From this menu, you can select to "save as," "delete," "export," or to "view contacts," "add single contact", "import multiple contacts." To add contacts to the list, you can select to add a single contact or to import multiple contacts. Both of these options are described in Step 5.
b. You can also select "return to lists," which will take you to the main Lists page in ROI. From here, you can select the drop-down menu next to the "edit" button to "view," "add single contact," "import multiple contacts," "export," or "delete." To add contacts to the list, you can select to add a single contact or to import multiple contacts. Both of these options are described in Step 5.
c. The "View" screen also has an option to click to either add a contact or to import contacts
Add Single ContactThis allows you to add a contact that is already in ROI into a particular list. To add the contact, you can search using either the contact's name, or email address.
Import Multiple ContactsBefore importing a file into ROI, please review the Flat File Formatting.
- Make sure the Contacts Table is selected as the Destination Table
- Make sure the list you would like to import to is selected
- The "Setup Field Mapping" section will auto-fill the Source Columns from your file on the left. The Destination Column for each field needs to be selected. All columns in the file must already exist on the chosen table. Make sure to choose a deduplication key (such as Email) for the import. This will prevent Contacts already being stored in ROI to be duplicated based on the chosen field.
- Input the email address you would like notified when the import is complete or if it fails. Click "Import" and wait for the email notification.
Add a Contact to an Existing List
After multiple Contacts have already been imported to a List, you have the ability to add a single Contact from ROI to that created list.
1. Click to View the List
2. Click to "Add Contact"
3. Search for the Contact in ROI that you would like to add- you can search for the contact by name or by email address.
Importing to a List from Imports/Exports
- Create the List in ROI that you would like to import to
- Follow the steps to Import a Flat File
- Select the List in the import